Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Very Disturbing Commercials

What is up with all the disturbing commercials on TV lately?  Can I just watch my television shows in peace? I would rather have 5 minutes of silence so I can take a short nap than watch hamsters dressed as gangsters dance around.  I think that advertising people are trying to be so clever now that it really doesn't work and just ends up falling flat.  Actually the hamster commercial is pretty hilarious, considering the car they're advertising is hideous - I dunno who would ever think of that.

I just saw a commercial for Quizno's where some hoarse, dying cats are screaming about 3, 4, and 5 dollar prices on some disgusting looking sandwiches.  Wow.  Quizno's must really be hurting.  Subway is where it's at; although, the last time I went to Subway the undocumented workers there were ignoring me and probably talking shit about me in Spanish to each other.  They were probably like, "Why is this stupid white girl ordering tuna when she could be eating tacos...... ayiyyiyiyiyi".  NO WONDER THE TUNA TASTES SO TERRIBLE.  Needless to say I haven't gone back.

Another thing that has been bugging me for awhile now that's related to TV is how on Nick at Nite they show The Nanny, George Lopez, and Malcolm in the Middle.  WHAT THE.........
I miss the good ol' days when Nick at Nite consisted of Laverne and Shirley, The Wonder Years, The Brady Bunch, and Happy Days.  The Fonz. 'nuff said.  I never thought I'd be saying "the good ol' days", well, I guess there's a first time for everything!
Instead they show uninteresting, not funny shows.  I bet they would gain thousands of viewers every night if they put just one of these shows back on the late night schedule, but NO, that would be the smart thing to do.

I'm going to admit that I feel very sorry for kids growing up in America today with regards to the television shows they have to watch.  In the summertime when my siblings and I were growing up the best, most awesome shows would come on.  Now the kinds of shows that come on Nick and Disney in the morning like 'Handy Manny' (a Hispanic carpenter, of course) and Dora the Explorer (a Hispanic adventure girl w/a purple monkey, obviously) along with ICarly (some stupid show meant to make child stars) and Big Time Rush (5 gay guys that sing in some sort of band), are just terrible.  There's no other words to describe them.

What ever happened to Clarissa Explains It All, Double Dare, Doug, Legends of The Hidden Temple, What Would You Do?, Eureeka's Castle, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, and the Disney Channel Original Movies?  Nowadays, all cartoons must be politically correct and fill kids' brains with mush.  All afternoon/evening shows on Disney and Nick are made to fuel child stars that can't act and don't care about what they're doing. Example: Miley Cyrus.  More on her later.

Alls I'm saying is, I really miss the classic Nick and Disney shows.  If the stations would go back to basics they would see that those shows are just as good, if not better, for today.  Shows that my generation grew up loving, like Boy Meets World, Saved By The Bell, and Full House, teach valuable and beneficial lessons on growing up and life in general.  I really miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment