I, like most girls in America, get very angry at the prospect of a humongo, fresh pimple popping up suddenly from outer space on to the most obvious place on my cheek. However, I think I deserve to not ever have another pimple again. Why, you ask? The answer is because I took a little drug called isotretinoin, otherwise known to many of you as ACCUTANE.
Yes, this is the drug you may know has been speculated to have caused many teens to commit suicide.
I mean, it's bad enough that every day when I'm watching T.V. I see at least one commercial that says in bold red font: WARNING: HAVE YOU TAKEN THE DRUG ACCUTANE AND HAVE DEVELOPED IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME, CHRON'S DISEASE, OR INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE? IF SO YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A CASH SETTLEMENT. I don't know about you, but if I develop a gastrointestinal disorder from a drug that's supposed to treat pimples, I'm going to need a lil' bit more than some cash.
I had to take this drug for 6 months, twice a day, it made my arms break out in a terrible itchy rash, my lips got so dry I just stopped buying 12 things of chapstick every time I went to the store bc nothing helped, and I got the WORST sunburn of my life because your skin is extra sensitive to the sun. Now, all of these reasons above are why I think this danged drug should stop me from ever getting pimples again. Granted, most of the times I get breakouts they usually clear themselves up within 24 hours. But. Times like yesterday/today, I get a pimple, which more resembles a wasp sting, or a very severe shiner. Honestly it looks like I got punched in the face. And these are the kinds of pimples that pop and give you SCARS. And that's the reason why I went on Accutane in the first place! To prevent myself from getting scars. Welp, that was unsuccessful - the scars on my face look like the guy they call "crater face" from
Grease. I have accepted it and moved on. But by now I should not be getting pimples like this that take 3+ days to go away.
If more than 4 people ask me, "what's wrong with your face?" I know I've got a problem.
If you would like to know more about this horrendous drug that I took, please click here. Note that there are like 50 side effects listed, some under the "IMPORTANT WARNING" section. Lol. Literally. Laugh out loud. I can't believe I took these pills! Oh well. C'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment